So I'm starting to catch up (again). I have lots of things to post about but don't have pictures for all of them. But I have lots of pictures for this post!!
I wanted to make a chicken noodle soup that had lots of veggies in it and wasn't very salty. I like Campbells from a can but sometimes it is too salty. So I made my own. I started with lots of bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs and some drumsticks and I boiled them.
Carrots, celery and onions.
Asparagus! I love asparagus in soups. And frozen peas because I had a random 1/2 bag of them in my freezer.
And I got my spices together.
I used paprika, dried thyme, fresh parsley and rosemary. I just grabbed all of those because they were what I had. The paprika was a nice touch but the main thing you taste is the thyme which is OK but I would go lighter on it next time.
So now the chicken was done so I shredded that and started sauteing my onions, carrots and celery.
Then I dumped in some of the broth that the chicken poached in as well as some real chicken stock I had. I didn't want the poaching liquid to be too bland of a base for the soup so I added that extra stock. I brought that to a boil and then added in my noodles (tri color rotini- my favorite!!!!). I let the noodles cook for a little bit before I added the asparagus and peas.
I brought it to a simmer for a little while until I thought the flavors had all come together.
The soup thickened up a lot which I liked. The only problem was that my noodles got too done. Next time I might cook them separately and add them at the last minute. I really liked this soup because it had all the veggies in it I wanted and it wasn't really brothy. Next time I might add more veggies!
***So sorry about picture formatting! Tried to make it more exciting by aligning things left and right instead of just center. won't make that mistake again!!! Sorry for the crazy read!***
No comments:
Post a Comment