Saturday, August 25, 2012

Simple weeknight dinner for spring!

Hi Biddy!

We're back! It's my goal this weekend to catch up with the food blog so we can be regular contributors again. I think I'm even going to figure out how George can do this - he'd be so much better about this than me! So these posts are going to be mostly pictures, as I struggle to catch up. 


Here goes - a simple weeknight dinner in the Todd-Emerson household:



George read about poaching salmon in olive oil so we took a stab at it (http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Poached-Salmon  - see note about Saveur below)! There's a bundle of tarragon, and parsley, plus a crushed garlic clove. George is bringing the oil to temperature (~180 degrees).

A masterful saucier, George is working on a bechamel base for the salmon. A pot of potatoes is boiling to the left. Yes, we hate our tiny stove.

After the oil is brought to temperature, the salmon goes in.

George adds hard-boiled egg and capers to the sauce! (From Saveur online (magazine is too snobby for us): http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Egg-Caper-Sauce)
Et voila!

More entries to come!


Biddy Food is BACK!

Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment